Last Revised: May 25, 2012
We reserve the right to change the provisions of this Policy at any time. If you would like to be notified by email each time we make a change, please send an email to privacypolicy@rBlock.com with "notify me" in the subject header. We will then send you a PDF highlighting each change so that you know exactly what changes were made. We will also indicate on the Policy itself the date that it was last revised. Otherwise we encourage you to review this Policy from time-to-time to make sure that you understand how any personal information you provide will be used.
What Is Personal Information?
For the purpose of this Policy, "personal information" means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as your user ID, name and e-mail address) or information about that individual that is directly linked to personally identifiable information. Personal information does not include "aggregate" information, which is data we collect about the use of the Site or the Services or about a group or category of services or users, from which individual identities or other personal information has been removed. This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of aggregate information.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Active Collection - Personal information may be collected in a number of ways when you visit the Site or use the Services. We collect certain information you voluntarily provide to us, such as when you send us an email, use the Services or provide or request information. Such information may include personal information, such as your email address and name. In addition, from time-to-time we may collect demographic, contact or other personal information you provide in connection with your use of the Services.
Passive Collection - When you use the Site and the Services, some information is also automatically collected, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your operating system, the browser type, the address of a referring Web site and your activity on the Site. We treat this information as personal information if we combine it with or link it to any of the identifying information mentioned above. Otherwise, it is used in the aggregate only.
We may also automatically collect certain information through the use of "cookies" or web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive at the request of a Web site. Among other things, cookies help us improve the Site, the Services and your experience. If we link cookies to any personally identifying information, we will treat this information as personal information. If you wish to block, erase, or be warned of cookies, please refer to your browser manufacturer to learn about these functions. However, if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect certain features and/or the Services. Web beacons are small, invisible graphic images that may be used on the Site or in emails relating to the Site to collect certain information and monitor user activity on the Site.
We may store and process personal information in the United States.
How Do We Use the Personal Information We Collect?
We use personal information collected through the Site and the Services for the purposes described in this Policy or elsewhere on the Site. For example, we may use personal information we collect:
- to provide the Services or information you request, and to process and complete any transactions;
- to request feedback and to otherwise contact you about your use of the Site;
- respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests, and complaints and provide customer service;
- to monitor and analyze site usage and trends, and to personalize and improve the Site and our users' experiences on the Site, such as providing ads, content, or features that match their profiles or interests, and to increase the Site's functionality and user friendliness;
- to provide you with news and information about our or third party events, activities, offers, promotions, products and services we think will be of interest to you;
- to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Site;
- to notify you about important changes to the Site; and
- for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
What Personal Information Do We Share With Third Parties?
We will not share the personal information we collect from you through the Site with third parties, except as described in this Policy or on the Site. For example, we share personal information as follows:
- we may share your personal information with service providers who are engaged by or working with us in connection with the operation of the Site or the Services we provide and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us;
- we may share your personal information when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on the Site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- we may share your personal information when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- we may share your personal information when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of rBlock, our users, our employees, copyright owners, third parties or the public including, without limitation, to protect rBlock or our users from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate or unlawful use of the Site;
- we may share your personal information to enforce or apply this Policy or other policies or agreements; and
- we may share your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the business assets of rBlock, provided that we have given you 30-day notice to, at your choice, delete all of your personal information and then delete your account.
We are not responsible for the actions of service providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with their privacy practices before disclosing information directly to any such parties. Nothing herein restricts the sharing of aggregated or anonymized information, which may be shared with third parties without your consent.
Links to Other Web sites
What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information Online?
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of the Site and the Services by any person using your password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused.
For questions about this Policy, please contact us at privacypolicy@rBlock.com